Encountering an issue with FileZilla where the passive mode connections seem to be failing intermittently.

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Rakesh.Sharma
500 Command not understood
First name: Rakesh
Last name: Sharma

Encountering an issue with FileZilla where the passive mode connections seem to be failing intermittently.

#1 Post by Rakesh.Sharma » 2023-11-29 10:30

I am encountering an issue with FileZilla where the passive mode connections seem to be failing intermittently. I have checked my firewall settings, and they seem to be configured correctly. Are there any specific server-side configurations or client-side settings within FileZilla that could be causing this problem, and what steps can I take to troubleshoot and resolve it?

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Encountering an issue with FileZilla where the passive mode connections seem to be failing intermittently.

#2 Post by botg » 2023-11-29 10:46

Make sure the number of ports in the configured passive mode range is at least as large as the number of transfers that can possibly be made in 4 minutes.

If you are using Windows firewall, it is known to be faulty, it sometimes just breaks passive mode transfers. Try disabling Windows firewall completely.