letsencrypt integration does not use configured internal server port

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

illuminatedg
500 Command not understood

letsencrypt integration does not use configured internal server port

#1 Post by illuminatedg » 2024-02-05 04:00

I just tried configuring letsencrypt integration and generating a cert but the request is being made without the port I configured in the Let's Encrypt page:
filezilla-letsencrypt.png
filezilla-letsencrypt.png (13.76 KiB) Viewed 649 times
Has anyone else tried generation with any port besides 80? The docs state that other ports should work but the two pages don't seem to be linked up properly https://filezillapro.com/docs/server/ad ... web-server

oibaf
Contributor
First name: Fabio
Last name: Alemagna

Re: letsencrypt integration does not use configured internal server port

#2 Post by oibaf » 2024-02-05 09:50

Let's Encrypt® itself will only contact the host on port 80, that will not change.

However, on your end you might have set up port forwarding to any other internal address and port, hence why FileZilla Server gives you the flexibility to set up different listeners.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#3 Post by botg » 2024-02-05 09:51

ACME services always use port 80 to access the hostnames specified in the certificate request during the validation process, they cannot use other ports.

FileZilla Server let's you listen on arbitrary ports, for example to handle situations in which port 80 is already in use on the local machine. Regardless which port you configure, you need to make sure to route the traffic, or the HTTP requests, so that requests to .well-known/acme/challenge on port 80 of the entered hostnames are being delivered to FileZilla Server on the configured port.

illuminatedg
500 Command not understood

#4 Post by illuminatedg » 2024-02-05 11:13

I was starting to figure that might be the case. With ACME only working on 80 I'll look into adding proxying to my webserver ( probably best not to ask :mrgreen: ) to get requests on that subdomain over to filezilla server.

Thanks for the responses!