Could not load TLS libraries. Aborting start of administration interface (windows server 2016 standard)

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

king_64
500 Command not understood
First name: Olivier
Last name: Aton

Could not load TLS libraries. Aborting start of administration interface (windows server 2016 standard)

#1 Post by king_64 » 2024-02-28 10:56

Hello everyone,

I've encountered an issue on my Windows Server 2016 Standard edition and hope to find some guidance here. In the "Program Files (x86)" directory, under the "FileZilla Server" folder, I only find the "FileZilla Server Interface.exe". However, when I attempt to launch it, I receive the error message: "Could not load TLS libraries. Aborting start of administration interface."

I've made sure my system is up to date with all Windows updates, but I haven't applied KB2533623 as it seems to be intended for Windows Server 2008 R2, and I'm unsure if it's related or would help.

Would anyone have insights or solutions for this issue? Additionally, is there a way to retrieve the configurations (users, settings, etc.) despite this hiccup?

Thank you in advance for your help!

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Could not load TLS libraries. Aborting start of administration interface (windows server 2016 standard)

#2 Post by botg » 2024-02-28 14:26

You need to update to the most recent version of FileZilla Server, we cannot support outdated versions.