Somewhat Newbie: Filezilla Server and no connection by Dreamweaver FTP

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

sbsmithjax
504 Command not implemented
First name: Server
Last name: Newbie

Somewhat Newbie: Filezilla Server and no connection by Dreamweaver FTP

#1 Post by sbsmithjax » 2024-04-18 09:53

Greetings,

First, I'm somewhat green to advanced network management. Not totally new, not an expert. The windows server 2022 described below is new to me, I am transitioning from my old windows server 2016, previously using older Filezilla server 0.9.60

Second, filezilla server 1.1.8 running on windows server 2022 (at my vm server company). Filezilla server is setup to run under SYSTEM user. SYSTEM user appears to have full rights to the folder of interest. See screenshot: <removed>

Third, I have setup a user in Filezilla server: m3test1 and that user has permissions set in the server folder d:/webdata/M3test as seen here: <removed> Additionally, all of my (remote) possible IPs are entered as Allowed shown here: <removed>

Fourth, here are the port settings screen in Filezilla server: <removed> Likeswise, here are the firewall settings on the VM: <removed>

Fifth, I am able to connect remotely and upload/download from the /M3test/ folder using local filezilla client, cuteftp client, cyberduck client (all on my macbook)

Sixth, I am NOT able to get Adobe Dreamweaver to make stable connection using it's in-house FTP (it makes instant connection to my old windows server 2016).

Here are the DW ftp settings, see screenshot: <removed> Toggling the checkboxes does not change outcome. Use FTP explicit over TLS does not change outcome. Username and password are SAME for both my attempts in local filezilla client and Dreamweaver. Filezilla client connects, DW will not.

Here are the filezilla server logs:

<Log removed, problem solved>

****SUCCESSFUL CuteFTP/CyberDuck/Filezilla cient CONNECTION ATTEMPT****

<Log removed, problem solved>

Any ideas where to start looking for why DW can not connect to this new server?

Many thanks.
Last edited by boco on 2024-04-18 13:01, edited 1 time in total.

oibaf
Contributor
First name: Fabio
Last name: Alemagna

Re: Somewhat Newbie: Filezilla Server and no connection by Dreamweaver FTP

#2 Post by oibaf » 2024-04-18 10:08

The Adobe client is involking the LIST command with non-standard parameters. FileZilla Server 1.x made the precise choice to abide to the letter of the RFC, hence why it doesn't work. Modern clients should really use the MLSD command, which produces a standardized, machine readable output, unlike LIST.

I suggest you talk to the Adobe support about this.

sbsmithjax
504 Command not implemented
First name: Server
Last name: Newbie

SOLVED: Filezilla Server and no connection by Dreamweaver FTP

#3 Post by sbsmithjax » 2024-04-18 12:50

For anyone that finds this posting, and is having the same problems with Adobe Dreamweaver, here is what solved this connection issue for me:
  • Complete Uninstall of Dreamweaver from my macbook, including all site definitions, preferences, etc.
    Make sure you turn off Adobe CC sync so that your site defs do not all re-download
    Reboot computer
    Complete re-install from Creative Cloud website of the latest DW software, do not accept importing of anything
    Setup new site definitions for any sites
After this procedure, my DW began connecting and uploading.

Good luck!

boco
Contributor

Re: Somewhat Newbie: Filezilla Server and no connection by Dreamweaver FTP

#4 Post by boco » 2024-04-18 13:03

Removed screenshot URLs and logs from the initial post. Won't remove it completely for preserving the consistency of the topic.

Topic closed.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org