Errors Stoping Server

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

bacalhau
504 Command not implemented

Errors Stoping Server

#1 Post by bacalhau » 2005-02-23 18:29

I got this strange behaviour when trying to stop the server when there are still users connected to it and decided to test some of the possible combinations.

if a user is connected to the server and has no active transfers, stoping the server resultus in:

a) now
ok.

b) wait until all users have logged out
the user is imediatly kicked out and the server deactivates. if the server is activated by the server interface, the systray icon becomes the right colour, but the user can't log in. if the server is stoped again the server service blows up and is shutdown by windows.

c) wait until all transfers are finished
locks the server and the systay icon of the server interface starts blinking. if the user logs out he can't login again until the server is unlocked

although option a) has no problems, options b) and c) don't seem to be working properly.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#2 Post by botg » 2005-02-23 18:34

c) is intended. If users would be allowed to connect while waiting for a transfer, a malicious user could prevent server shutdown.

b) is a bug, I'll look into it.

bacalhau
504 Command not implemented

#3 Post by bacalhau » 2005-02-24 00:25

botg wrote:c) is intended. If users would be allowed to connect while waiting for a transfer, a malicious user could prevent server shutdown.
seems like my perception of what this should do is wrong. I thought it was meant to wait until all transfers where finished and then put the server offline and not just lock it.

I was browsing through the code and saw that you use a bitmap to keep the current server status. Maybe i'm just lazy, but didn't find any comments describing it. Could you give me a light on this one? Is this documented somewhere so that i can take a peek?