Connection Error

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

supraman
500 Command not understood
First name: M
Last name: HQ

Connection Error

#1 Post by supraman » 2008-07-28 17:12

Hi i've just downloaded & installed the filezilla server on my PC im only using AVG Anti-Virus other then that im not using any firewalls .. after installation when i run the filezilla interface it ask's for a password host ip & port .. i knw the port and the ip but wats the default password .. i've tried entring it with a blank password but it keeps saying connetion lost

Error: Connection to server lost...
Reconnecting to server...
Trying to reconnect in 5 seconds

any idea what im doing rong ?

regards
MHQ

grantpet
226 Transfer OK

Re: Connection Error

#2 Post by grantpet » 2008-07-29 02:22

your issue could be anything, and numerous things.

first, your log post is useless.
second, you have windows firewall (indicated by your PC reference) *is AVG a firewall also?
third, anonymous passwords can still be anything from blank to admin to the same as the user id, or maybe your email address

suggestions: obtain password from server admin, more reading

supraman
500 Command not understood
First name: M
Last name: HQ

#3 Post by supraman » 2008-07-29 05:27

err i am the server .. windows firewall is off & AVG is an antivirus not a firewall so that shouldn't b an issue .. as far as the logs concerned thas all it shows repeatedly .. lemme xplain step by step

1 i downloaded the filezilla server
2 i installed it
3 i tried to login from the filezilla interface n it asked me for a password which i didn't have so i left it blank for the time being
4 as i've mentiond in my first post it keeps giving that same error

grantpet
226 Transfer OK

#4 Post by grantpet » 2008-07-29 06:12

oo, i read about that somewhere, try another search.

that's a feature of filezilla for tampering i think

thanks for the extra information, makes a difference! the ones with knowledge seem to be overloaded (by me LOL) and could really use some help for the ppl come in with little or no pc and tcp experience. just trying to help.

don't forget to look around and see if you could answer one or two!

good luck.

*knew AVG was antivirus, but haven't looked at it in a long time and thought maybe they expanded

grantpet
226 Transfer OK

#5 Post by grantpet » 2008-07-30 09:40

i know the password you are talking about now, sorry i've been embroiled in a different issue

that password is to be left blank unless you want to activate the security feature of filezilla, has something to do with forbidding changes to settings i think

definitely read up on that before you put one in

the default ip is 127.0.0.1 and the default port should be 14147

i would recommend checking the always connect box until you are done testing