Problem with aliases

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

EC
500 Command not understood

Problem with aliases

#1 Post by EC » 2005-03-16 18:51

Okay, I read through the FAQ, and I've read through some previous forum topics, but I still haven't been able to figure this out.

Win2k server running FZS, with a mapped drive to a XP SP2 machine. Browsing is working fine, by mapped drive, my network places, or IP.

I setup a new user, and set the home dir to c:\ftproot. I then aded another shared folder, w:\sharename. I created an alias for that share, c:\ftproot\sharename. I logged in and couldn't see anything, so I manually added the directory to c:\ftproot. Now when I log on I see two folders, both with the same name. Clicking on either one shows they are both empty.

I repeated the steps above, this time using the UNC path as opposed to a mapped drive. Same thing happens. Am I missing some simple step somewhere?

Thanks for a great piece of software, by the way. This is the first time I've ever had a problem with it, and it's been running fine for months. :)

4eanlss
504 Command not implemented

#2 Post by 4eanlss » 2005-03-20 03:08

The problem is with the account that the FZ server service is running as.
Check out thread http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/forum/ ... .php?t=643
Also, upgrade to FZ Server 0.9.5 if you haven't already.
:)
4EANLSS

EC
500 Command not understood

#3 Post by EC » 2005-03-21 16:04

I'll check the version numbers later...

I saw that thread, but somehow missed your post. So all I need to do is change the username that the service runs under? I should have checked that....

Thanks for the tip!

Edit: changing the service log on worked perfectly, thanks!