Spped Limit settings

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Gunivortus
500 Command not understood
First name: Gunivortus
Last name: Goos

Spped Limit settings

#1 Post by Gunivortus » 2008-12-10 08:41

Hi!

Are there advisable settings for the Speed Limit, according to the available bandwidth?

I've a 8000 kbit/s DSL connection, but except the FTP server, also a small webserver and three other users at home use that connection. The speed settings in FZ-Server are still set to 'no limit' and I noticed, that while downloading from the server almost the whole bandwidth is used, other webconnections are even frozen.
What would be an acceptable global speed limit settings for the FZ-Server in this situation?

Regards,
Gunivortus

da chicken
226 Transfer OK

Re: Spped Limit settings

#2 Post by da chicken » 2008-12-10 15:31

That depends entirely on the quantity of traffic and level of service you wish to provide for your website, home users, and ftp site. The maximum I'd personally set the ftp site for is 80% of the bandwidth, and that's if I didn't really care if the website was slow or the other users complained that the Internet was slow.

Gunivortus
500 Command not understood
First name: Gunivortus
Last name: Goos

Re: Spped Limit settings

#3 Post by Gunivortus » 2008-12-10 21:05

da chicken wrote: The maximum I'd personally set the ftp site for is 80% of the bandwidth, and that's if I didn't really care if the website was slow or the other users complained that the Internet was slow.
Thanks for your answer.
Mmmm..... I don't want get troubles with my wife and son, who're, except me, the users of the bandwidth... :-) ...so I've set it to 50% as global speed limit and set the users for that on default. Hope, that's the correct user setting then.

Kind regards,
Gunivortus