Error establishing a database connection

Post all HTML related questions here. No support.

Moderator: Project members

brimac
500 Command not understood

Error establishing a database connection

#1 Post by brimac » 2014-02-05 15:04

Error establishing a database connection is all I get when I load my websites. I am unsure.how to get the fiinal.files etc on thw remote side and have my site working . .. please direct me

boco
Contributor

Re: Error establishing a database connection

#2 Post by boco » 2014-02-05 21:37

Nothing to do with files, but with the database obviously used by your wep application (possibly a CMS like Wordpress or Joomla!). There should be a config.php where you have to enter your database login details.
### BEGIN SIGNATURE BLOCK ###
No support requests per PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please do yourself a favor and read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
### END SIGNATURE BLOCK ###

Lancomega

#3 Post by Lancomega » 2014-02-12 19:27

Hi Brimac, check your config.php file, and uptad informations about your database, it should fixe it.

siteber
500 Command not understood
First name: Feng
Last name: Liu

#4 Post by siteber » 2014-03-21 16:42

This can be two things: 1. you or someone else who manage the site changed the sql database password, which you will need to update the login information in the config file. 2. your hosting company's database server might be down, which you can check by simply go to phpmyadmin, if not working, then it is your hosting company's database down, you need to contact them.

victoriamon
500 Syntax error
First name: Victoria
Last name: Montoya

#5 Post by victoriamon » 2014-04-10 15:09

First of all you need to give full information in which language you want to connect the database and which database it is? These make basic clear and thus we can help you out with technical details.

If you only handling the webpages ask the host provider else check with your collaborators or admin.