"unexpected end of file" errors, not uploading complete file

Post all HTML related questions here. No support.

Moderator: Project members

filekong
500 Command not understood
First name: M
Last name: C

"unexpected end of file" errors, not uploading complete file

#1 Post by filekong » 2014-11-15 01:20

Hello,

I seem to be running into an issue that is driving me bonkers. I signed up for a new web host last week, and despite every effort including help from their support, I was not able to upload any sites successfully with Filezilla.

I am getting errors like this when you visit the site:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting function (T_FUNCTION) in /example/example.com/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1262
I finally concluded it must be a problem with this webhost, so I canceled my account and got a refund. Now I am trying to move my site back to my old web host and discovering I have the exact same issue. Now I don't assume its a problem with the server or web hosts compatibility or setting, but an issue with Filezilla.

I know that I was able to download the files successfully, since when I compare the local backup copy I made when coming off of the old host originally, I look at those files and compare it to a fresh WP 4.0 download from WordPress.org, and they match.

However, when I go to the files on the server, for example in the case above /wp-includes/wp-db.php then I see that the file is truncated, and it get interrupted somehow during upload.

I also tried uploading entire site through a zip file and this did not seem to work either, it also presented with some problem as the file could not be extracted.

Any suggestions are welcome. thanks.

using: Filezilla v. 3.9.0.6, on Windows 7 64-bit

filekong

Re: "unexpected end of file" errors, not uploading complete

#2 Post by filekong » 2014-11-17 16:05

any suggestions for this?

filekong

Re: "unexpected end of file" errors, not uploading complete

#3 Post by filekong » 2014-11-17 22:28

edit: I apologize for being so frustrated that the sourceforge download was able to trick me into downloading a browser hijacker named vosteran, and venting about it here. I realize it has nothing specific to do with the support question at hand, other than that I was trying to troubleshoot it myself by re-downloading a new copy of filezilla to install a fresh one, when that happened and set me off be a few hours while I tried to figure out how to fully remove the malware from my system. I hope you can understand.

boco
Contributor

Re: "unexpected end of file" errors, not uploading complete file

#4 Post by boco » 2014-11-24 03:14

I don't like the SF installer, either. I never see it, however, as I have Javascript disabled for anything Sourceforge.

Do you get any errors (in the FileZilla log) during transfers? Did you rule the case of an exceeded webspace quota (either size or number of files)? Other than that, it could be the classic security software intervention again. In rare cases the TCP stack or another network component is broken or badly configured (e. g. enabled Jumbo frames).
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org