Queue stops

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

brookswebdesign
500 Command not understood
First name: Maria
Last name: Brooks

Queue stops

#1 Post by brookswebdesign » 2015-02-09 20:27

I'm trying to update Wordpress Themes for 2 of my clients via ftp. I've done this using Filezilla for years now with no issues.

I updated to latest version of Filezilla.

I can connect just fine with Filezilla v 3.10.1.1 and it runs for a while uploading the files. But all of a sudden as soon as hit hits Queued files(511) it stops. This is what I see:

Status: Retrieving directory listing of "/wp-content/themes/Hope-charity-theme/option-tree/assets/js/vendor/jquery"...
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 131217 bytes in 5 seconds
Status: Starting upload of /Users/bwdstudio/Desktop/Hope-charity-theme/option-tree/assets/js/vendor/ace/_notes/dwsync.xml
Status: Retrieving directory listing of "/wp-content/themes/Hope-charity-theme/option-tree/assets/js/vendor/ace/_notes"...
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 37907 bytes in 1 second
Status: Starting upload of /Users/bwdstudio/Desktop/Hope-charity-theme/option-tree/assets/js/vendor/jquery/_notes/dwsync.xml
Status: Retrieving directory listing of "/wp-content/themes/Hope-charity-theme/option-tree/assets/js/vendor/jquery/_notes"...
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 829 bytes in 1 second
Status: File transfer successful, transferred 264 bytes in 1 second

I've tried this several times on both clients and it simply drops the connection as soon as it hits the 511 queued files left.

Regards,
Maria

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Queue stops

#2 Post by botg » 2015-02-10 09:06

Can you reproduce this problem? If so, does it always happen with 511 files remaining or does the number vary?

brookswebdesign

#3 Post by brookswebdesign » 2015-02-10 15:07

Yes, I've tried 3 times on each website with the exact same results.

Both Wordpress themes are quite large with 1000+ files. For both uploads it stops at every time at exactly 511 queued files.

I've tried early morning, mid afternoon and late evening thinking it might be high internet traffic, but same results.

Regards,
Maria

botg
Site Admin
Last name: Kosse

#4 Post by botg » 2015-02-10 16:33

Do the remaining files transfer if you click the queue processing button again?

brookswebdesign

#5 Post by brookswebdesign » 2015-02-10 19:51

Ahh.. no I hadn't tried that....didn't even know that option was there since I've never had to use it.

When I took this option, a popup window appears for me to provide password. But I noticed it was to a different client site! It was a test site I was working on a few months ago. So the queued files were in the "buffer" from that failed attempt and I didn't realize that.

I took the option to clear private data and cleared everything. Tried again and this time all files transferred just fine.

Sorry, my bad on this...but I wouldn't have caught this without your help.

Cheers for the quick response and AWESOME support.

You guys rock!

yaman2003
Last name: Huwe

#6 Post by yaman2003 » 2020-01-29 15:49

I have a similar problem, my queue always stops at 750... No idea why FZ does that.
The queue restarts when queue processing button but it's rather annoying when you come back after a while and you have to wait again...

Any solution for this?
Thanks