Filezilla Guilde: FTP Error at FileZilla FTP Client : "Could not connect to server"

Have the feeling that everybody is staring at you in the other forums? Then look here, in this forum nobody does care what you say ;-)

Moderator: Project members

moon991
500 Command not understood
First name: alex
Last name: Standall

Filezilla Guilde: FTP Error at FileZilla FTP Client : "Could not connect to server"

#1 Post by moon991 » 2017-05-17 03:45

Today, I fixed my error when use Filezilla. I try connect to my server but noticed:: "Could not connect to server". Solutions to fix it in below:

1. Problem Statement

Getting an error after initialization of TLS in FileZilla

2. Error Message

FTP: Could not connect to server

3. Error Description

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: Could not connect to server
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
Response: 220-You are user number 7 of 50 allowed.
Response: 220-Local time is now 08:35. Server port: 21.
Response: 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
Command: AUTH TLS
Response: 234 AUTH TLS OK.
Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: Could not connect to server

4. Solution

Usually, this error occurs when you have incorrect saved certificates in trustedcerts.xml at your local system. To fix this issue, you will need to remove/rename this certificate file from your system.
The file trustedcerts.xml contains certificates for secure websites that you have told your FileZilla client to trust connections to. This file should not be confused with any certificates you have in use if you use FileZilla as a server as well.
In order to remove a saved certificate from Windows System, navigate to %APPDATA%\FileZilla and delete OR rename the trustedcerts.xml file.
In order to remove a saved certificate from Linux System, navigate to ~/.config/filezilla/ and delete or rename trustedcerts.xml file.
Once you remove or rename this file, you will get the prompt to accept the certificate while you attempt to connect to FTP server through FileZilla. On getting the prompt of certificate, select "Always trust this certificate" and then accept it.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Filezilla Guilde: FTP Error at FileZilla FTP Client : "Could not connect to server"

#2 Post by botg » 2017-05-17 07:16

It's a network timeout, it has nothing to do with trustedcerts.xml.