Can't change images and links of website homepage

Post all HTML related questions here. No support.

Moderator: Project members

Mr T
500 Command not understood
First name: Tiago
Last name: Da Silva

Can't change images and links of website homepage

#1 Post by Mr T » 2017-07-06 15:26

Hi guys,
i recently start to use Filezilla and i'm managing a website where i was asked to change the homepage images

As a backoffice/e-commerce platform we use CS CART, where i can change the caroussel images on the top of the homepage

To change the bottom images i have no idea where to do it. I've search all over on CS CART and it's not there.

Someone told me that i have to change the on Filezilla...
1- On Filezilla i can locate the images, but how do I swap the current images i have on the homepage for new ones
2- Upload the images on filezilla and then change the directory/link, but where do i change it? on a html or css file? and where is located?

I've tried and tried but no sucess , if anyone can help me would be really apreciated
Possibly this is a very basic question to many of you so my apologies in advanced

Many thanks

Mr T

Mr T

Re: Can't change images and links of website homepage

#2 Post by Mr T » 2017-07-06 15:29

Is it on Plesk?
Thanks

Mr T

audiopro
226 Transfer OK
First name: Keith

#3 Post by audiopro » 2017-07-07 08:09

The list of images will be in CSCart somewhere, check the instructions/help files.
Filezilla is just a means of getting the images to the server and plays no part in selecting or displaying anything.
Morecambe - Where the sun goes at night

Mr T

#4 Post by Mr T » 2017-07-07 08:14

Many thanks for your help audiopro. That's what i tought but can't find nothing on cs cart. Will explore further CS Cart
Thanks

Mr T

boco
Contributor

#5 Post by boco » 2017-07-07 10:17

As I don't know any of the software you use, I can't help.

Usually, for websites using simple HTML, you change images by overwriting the old ones on the server. If you need other names, you need to change the HTML code accordingly.
However, it looks like you use software written in PHP. Since PHP generates dynamic HTML website code on the fly, simply changing HTML is not possible. Images could be stored in a dedicated directory, or even in an SQL database (binary blob). If the software you use is even halfway decently coded, it will offer configuration of the images, somewhere. There is a saying that a software is only as good as its documentation. Most offer support and help resources, which you should consult. For most commercial software, personal support of some kind is even part of the license you buy. In any way, asking won't hurt.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

Mr T

#6 Post by Mr T » 2017-07-07 11:13

Hi Boco,
many thansk for your reply and help. Reckon i have to nchange the images somewhere on CS Cart, i've found where the images are alocated, just need to know where to swap them but definetely is on CS Cart.

Many thanks

T