ftptest.net Server returned unroutable private IP address in PASV reply [solved]

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Macktek
550 File not found
First name: Mack

ftptest.net Server returned unroutable private IP address in PASV reply [solved]

#1 Post by Macktek » 2018-04-10 00:09

Hello,

If I set passive mode to Default, I can connect to Server from Client within my local LAN BUT ftptest.net returns error "Server returned unroutable private IP address in PASV reply"

If I set passive mode to: my current external IP, then ftptest.net returns:
Your server is working and assorted routers/firewalls have been correctly configured for explicit FTP over TLS as performed by this test. (with 2 warnings about IPV6 and non standard ports)

BUT I can no longer connect from within my LAN. I consulted a professional in the industry and he stated that my router does not support the ability to connect from within my LAN via outside IP but other routers do. Therefore, when I connect from within the LAN I have to use 192.188.x.x

So my dilemma was to discover a way to tell the Filezilla Server to use the External IP for External connections, and Internal IP for Internal connections.

The solution was to:
Use the following IP: (Filled with my External IP)
and
simply check "Don't Use external IP for Local Connections"

Posted in case anyone else had same problem.