FileZilla Won't Upload .js File

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

madi
500 Command not understood
First name: Mark
Last name: Draper

FileZilla Won't Upload .js File

#1 Post by madi » 2018-06-08 16:44

Dear all

I've been trying to upload a .js file via FTP and FileZilla is not allowing it's upload.

It gets to 100% but then seems to reconnect to the server and ask me if I want to 'replace' the file I am trying to upload. If I then connect to the server the whole process starts again in a loop.

I've uploaded files such as this before and the only variable seems to be the file size which is 2.1mb. I haven't uploaded any videos lately, but I know I've successfully upload far larger files than this using FileZilla.

I've tried this to several websites hosted by different providers and the result is the same.

I have successfully uploaded this with another FTP program and FileZilla will upload other files to the same server. I've tried recreating the .js file several times, but the end result is the same. I don't think it's the file as other programs are uploading this with no issues at all.

I wondered if there was some kind of 'file size limit' for .js files specifically?

Any thoughts welcomed.

Regards

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: FileZilla Won't Upload .js File

#2 Post by botg » 2018-06-08 18:58

FileZilla is content agnostic, it doesn't matter what you transfer. Perhaps your server has limitations on certain types of files?

madi
500 Command not understood
First name: Mark
Last name: Draper

#3 Post by madi » 2018-06-08 19:38

Thanks botg - I wondered that, however I was able to upload the file from another FTP client to the server with no issues.

I was also able to upload other files using FileZilla. I initially thought there was an issue with the naming convention for the file, but there are others of a similar name I'd successfully uploaded over the past few months.

The only variable on this file was it was the largest .js file I'd tried to upload at a little over 2mb.

flagpole
425 Can't open data connection
First name: nigel
Last name: coldwell

#4 Post by flagpole » 2018-06-13 13:33

You could try renaming it as something else. Uploading it. Then renaming it on the server.

But I can confirm that .js files upload.