Synchronized Browsing no longer a setting option to default to a choice of on or off

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Energetic
500 Command not understood
First name: Lorraine
Last name: McGorry

Synchronized Browsing no longer a setting option to default to a choice of on or off

#1 Post by Energetic » 2018-07-20 23:40

For many years, you could choose to have FileZilla automatically set Sychronized Browsing on. Several months ago, it stopped doing that automatically, and I have to click on the icon to toggle it on. That's very annonying, as I always want it synchronized. Has the setting moved? How can I make it automatically set it on?

boco
Contributor

Re: Synchronized Browsing no longer a setting option to default to a choice of on or off

#2 Post by boco » 2018-07-21 02:42

The settings for Sync browsing haven't moved - menu View, Toolbar, and Advanced tab in the Site Manager. AFAIK, nothing changed. Sync browsing does only work for same or similar directrory trees, however.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

Tyson
504 Command not implemented
First name: Tyson
Last name: Domer

Re: Synchronized Browsing no longer a setting option to default to a choice of on or off

#3 Post by Tyson » 2018-09-17 22:11

I'm having a similar issue with the 'Use synchronized browsing' and 'Directory comparison' features in the Client/Site Manager.

I have the FileZilla Client configured to 'Restore tabs and reconnect' (Edit/Settings.../Interface/On startup of FileZilla).
The (one) tab I always have open is a connection to an FTP server initiated through Site Manager...and that particular site is configured to 'Use synchronized browsing' and 'Directory comparison' (both boxes are checked.)
When FileZilla Client starts it quite properly prompts me for my master password, restores the tab (i.e. reconnects to the last FTP server I was connected to...the one and only site I have configured in Site Manager), and opens the default local and remote directories.

The issue is that the client *does not* start up in 'synchronized browsing/directory comparison' mode per the previous session/Site Manager settings for that site.

I assume that although the original connection (the previous tab that is being 'restored') was initiated through Site Manager, that isn't something that the FZ client saves with the other information about open tabs (i.e. the information the FZ client uses to 'restore tabs and reconnect'.) That's fine...but it's not expected behavior when "restoring tabs."

I guess a workaround (for my particular case...in which for this client installation I only ever have the one tab/connection open) would be to simply create a command line shortcut that opened the client and forced it to connect using that single Site Manager profile (which would force the synchronized browsing/directory comparison features to be enabled) rather than 'restore tabs and reconnect'.

Please consider improving the behavior of the 'restore tabs and reconnect' feature.

Thanks, please advise,
Tyson

boco
Contributor

#4 Post by boco » 2018-09-18 11:07

Well, that might be a bug/unintentional. Let's wait for the dev.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#5 Post by botg » 2018-09-18 18:01

Known issue, the synchronized browsing and comparison state isn't being preserved.

Tyson
504 Command not implemented
First name: Tyson
Last name: Domer

#6 Post by Tyson » 2018-09-24 23:08

Hey fixed today. Thanks very much!