Remote root directory is not right when uploading files from search

Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

deeanna
500 Command not understood

Remote root directory is not right when uploading files from search

#1 Post by deeanna » 2018-09-06 00:42

Hello there! I am running Filezilla 3.36.0 on a Win7 machine.

I have been doing bulk updates of website files. To find these updated files on my local machine, I use the Search feature to locate files with date = 2018-09-05.

I select the files to upload in the Search window, right click, choose Upload, choose "Keep local path relative to search root", add the files to the queue, and click OK.

When I look at the queue (first image), I see the local path to the website's root directory is correct: c:\users\deeanna\documents\classic bells website\ The remote path is not correct -- the files should upload to the remote root directory /httpdocs/ Instead the path for the upload is set to /httpdocs/classic bells website/ which is a path that does not exist on the remote server.

Image3.jpg
Image3.jpg (197.23 KiB) Viewed 2602 times

I have double checked the default local and remote root directories in the site manager. They look correct to me (second image).

Image2.jpg
Image2.jpg (181.85 KiB) Viewed 2602 times

How do I get the remote directory to be correct? My sense is I'm missing something really simple, but I'm not figuring it out on my own. Any advice will be much appreciated. Regards, DeeAnna

deeanna

Re: Remote root directory is not right when uploading files from search

#2 Post by deeanna » 2018-09-10 01:46

Bump... Anyone?

boco
Contributor

#3 Post by boco » 2018-09-11 21:45

No idea, as I don't use the search at all. I think it has to do with the "Keep local paths relative to search root" radio button, did you try the "Flatten paths" one already?
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

deeanna

#4 Post by deeanna » 2018-09-12 01:41

Thanks for your reply, Boco. Flattening the paths means all files found in any subfolder in the local root are all uploaded to the remote root. I want the files to remain in their subfolders, so flattening the path would not be a good idea.

Perhaps I should ask a different question --

My goal is to find a way to quickly find and select all local files modified on a given date. I then want to upload them using the same folder structure on the remote server as is on the local system. Is there an efficient way to accomplish this goal using Filezilla?

At the moment, I need to find, select, and upload about 134 files in 8 folders. While it's certainly possible to manually select all these files and queue them for upload, this is cumbersome and error prone. I was trying to use the Search feature to simplify this chore, but obviously it's not working the way I'd like it to. So I'm open to other ideas to get this job done.

Thanks! --DeeAnna

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#5 Post by botg » 2018-09-13 13:48

Thanks for reporting this bug, it will be fixed in the next version.

deeanna

#6 Post by deeanna » 2018-09-13 14:11

Huh -- I found a bug? That's kinda cool actually. I normally assume my computer problems are caused by my fumble-fingered self, so it's nice to know I'm not always wrong. Just usually. :) I'm glad there's a solution -- thanks for fixing it! --DeeAnna

deeanna

#7 Post by deeanna » 2018-09-21 13:20

Updated to 3.37.0. Issue is resolved and the search function working perfectly for me -- THANK YOU!