network drive

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

rogerfgay
550 Permission denied

network drive

#1 Post by rogerfgay » 2018-11-23 23:55

Trying to set up user accounts to include network drives.
On the local, need not only access to the C drive, but an (H) Microsoft network drive.
Each user should be able to upload from their own network account drive to the server.
(And their C drive too, of course.)
How can I do that?

johan.cn
500 Command not understood
First name: Johan
Last name: Nugroho

Re: network drive

#2 Post by johan.cn » 2019-05-19 10:51

Yes you can

I found a way so that filezilla server can start using mapped network drive without much settings. Follow my step below :

The main problem was that with default install filezilla running as a windows service with some local account.
We cannot use mapped drive while running Filezilla as a service.

so what all you need to do is to make filezilla server runs as windows application, not as windows service application

Here are the steps
1. Stop Filezilla Service, from windows services you search filezilla server and right click STOP
2. Uninstall Filezilla Service, from cmd you navigate to install directory, cd C:\Program Files (x86)\FileZilla Server, and run "FileZilla Server.exe" /uninstall
3. Run Filezilla as Windows Application, from cmd folder C:\Program Files (x86)\FileZilla Server, run "FileZilla Server.exe" /compat /start
4. Check in your Task Manager whether FIlezilla Server was running
4. If it is there, then now your Filezilla was running as windows application
5. Go ahead create mapped network drive, eq H: drive that was mapped from \\ip\shared_folder
6. Open Filezilla Interface, login to your server and start creating users and use that H: as your user home folder, dont forget add necessary permissions to that home folder
7. Test your setting with FIlezila Client

Good Luck

rogerfgay
550 Permission denied

Re: network drive

#3 Post by rogerfgay » 2019-05-19 11:15