auto connect to site

Moderator: Project members

bryantmccartney
500 Command not understood
First name: Bryant
Last name: McCartney

auto connect to site

#1 Post by bryantmccartney » 2018-11-25 17:47

I have wanted, and seen many requests for, a way to set a default site connection to load on startup. I realize that a command line switch can be entered (and I utilize that now), but there are a few issues that could be fixed.
I run FileZIlla on several machines and I don't have the same exact site names on all. I always have to look for the site name I want to connect to by default, search for the correct command line switch, and then go get it entered.
Every time an update comes through I have to go reenter the command line switch as the update seems to delete it. That leads me back to issue one.

I would like to propose something as simple as a checkbox under site manager that simply says set as default. That checkbox would get checked during site setup and no more configuration is necessary
AND/OR
Fix update files so that the existing startup path w/switches stay intact after update.

Thanks,
Bryant

bryantmccartney

Re: auto connect to site

#2 Post by bryantmccartney » 2018-11-25 17:58

I found another option to auto open tabs that were open when last closed. That is getting closer, but problem still exists on fresh install. I think a set site as default option would be best solution.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#3 Post by botg » 2018-11-26 07:46

bryantmccartney

#4 Post by bryantmccartney » 2018-11-26 18:28

I get that, as I stated above, but my request still stands to make things easier on many people. Did you even read the entire post??

bryantmccartney

#5 Post by bryantmccartney » 2018-12-02 17:27

Here I am again. New update on this machine today and the shortcut on my desktop is again wiped out and replaced with a new one. Here I am again googling how to add the autoconnect switch back to my icon. Why do the update installers keep knocking out my shortcuts??