Cannot see image file when trying to FTP it to the server

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

INCIID
500 Command not understood
First name: Nancy
Last name: Hemenway

Cannot see image file when trying to FTP it to the server

#1 Post by INCIID » 2019-02-07 17:19

I've been using FileZilla for a long time mostly on a PC - with no issues. I believe FileZilla is up-to-date: (v3.40.0) About a year ago I switched to an iMac Desktop currently running Mojave 10.14.3 - the issues I am having are intermittent and I don't know whether the bug/glitch is from the interaction between my Mac and FileZilla or my mac - Apple tech support is no help. I am not sure they understand the problem.

Recent Scenario - while working on a website after creating an image in Photoshop, and saving it to the specific directory on my Mac, I went to transfer it to the image file on the server using FileZilla.

When looking for it through Filezilla - I am not able to visualize it is in the directory. However, the file can clearly be seen in the directory when looking for it with the Mac "Finder" The image file sits exactly where I put it in the file structure on the mac but I can not see it when looking to FTP it with FileZilla

Can someone shed some light on this for me and thank you!

Nancy

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Cannot see image file when trying to FTP it to the server

#2 Post by botg » 2019-02-07 20:10

Do you by chance have directory listing filters enabled in FIleZilla that remove this file from view?