How to clear host key cache

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

pcowley
500 Command not understood

How to clear host key cache

#1 Post by pcowley » 2019-02-15 01:24

When connecting to an sftp server through Filezilla for the first time, I mistakenly accepted the server's unknown host key as trusted and added it to the cache, without checking the fingerprints against fingerprints acquired out of band. It turns out that the fingerprints do match. Therefore the server's host key should be changed from trusted to UNTRUSTED.

How can I nuke FileZilla's cache of trusted host keys? (Preferably without requiring me to uninstall/reinstall)

I am aware that there is a similar thread at viewtopic.php?t=23184 , but that thread contains obsolete information (I have no registry key with the name "SimonTatham" anywhere), and also that thread is locked.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: How to clear host key cache

#2 Post by botg » 2019-02-15 07:57

The information from the linked thread is still valid. The accepted host keys are saved in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SimonTatham\PuTTY\SshHostKeys

pcowley
500 Command not understood

Re: How to clear host key cache

#3 Post by pcowley » 2019-02-16 01:39

You're right, I'm sorry. I don't know what I did wrong before, but that key is indeed there in my registry.

Thank you.