questions

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

karinw
500 Command not understood
First name: Karin
Last name: de Wit

questions

#1 Post by karinw » 2019-03-16 12:12

Hello,

Maybe someone can help me. After the last update i couldn't check the certificate note anymore (certificate unknown, always trust something like that, the popup). So i downgraded the version, now i lost all my connections and can't change the inlog. Message password incorrect.

Opdracht: PASS ****************
Antwoord: 530 Login incorrect.
Fout: Fatale fout: Kan niet verbinden met server

Can i restore the connections?

BTW after changing the inlog from a connection it still doesn't work. Now i have installed an other ftp client programma and it works with the same info/inlog.

After downgrading i read somewhere that downgraden doesn't work, a bit to late for me :), but can it be solved, can i give the programma a boost or something :)? Looked at the PRO version but i don't think that's the awnser.

Thanks,
Karin

karinw
500 Command not understood
First name: Karin
Last name: de Wit

Re: questions

#2 Post by karinw » 2019-03-16 12:43

Hello again,

I saw that to establish a new connection probably is the only way to solve the connections isue.
Then remains the question if there is a way to loose the popup about the certificate? It is costing a lot of time to click every popup seperate.

boco
Contributor

Re: questions

#3 Post by boco » 2019-03-17 03:32

FileZilla always displays that dialog if the certificate is unknown. As it does not use the certificate store of the OS, every certificate, that you did not trust permanently earlier, is presented as unknown for you to confirm. Once you decided to trust it permanently (by checking the checkbox), the dialog is suppressed for that one certificate(-chain).

There are a few gotchas as well:
- Using a slightly different Hostname for the same server will return the dialog, as FileZilla sees it as a new server.
- When the hoster changes any certificate in the chain (e. g. in case it expired), the dialog will also return as you need to confirm the new certificate.
- If there is anything wrong with the certificate(s), the dialog is here to stay. A certificate with issues (expired or otherwise invalid) cannot be trusted permanently. So, if the trust checkbox is disabled, that's why.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org