Slow Upload Speeds in Client

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

plwn
500 Command not understood
First name: Adam
Last name: M

Slow Upload Speeds in Client

#1 Post by plwn » 2019-04-17 20:56

My ookla speedtest shows my speeds at around 150 Mbps up & down, and am able to transfer files to other machines on our LAN at speeds around 11 MB/s, but when uploading through FileZilla, I'm getting less than 50 KiB/s (~.4 Mbps). My coworker is able to upload a file in ~20 minutes while doing it from my client takes in excess of 7 hours, going through the same network switch. I have tried every trick that I can find via Google to no avail. I have my simultaneous transfers set to 10 and no speed limits enabled and I added a rule to my firewall for FileZilla. I have run scans for malware on my computer and found nothing. I've even tried increasing the Socket send buffer size, which did nothing. Any advice is appreciated.

My computer:
Dell XPS 8930
i7-8700
16 GB RAM
GeForce 980 Ti
Killer E2400 Gigabit Ethernet

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Slow Upload Speeds in Client

#2 Post by botg » 2019-04-23 09:06

Killer E2400 Gigabit Ethernet
This device does not have a good reputation. At the very least, make sure you are using the latest drivers for it. Check the website of the ethernet adapter manufacturer for details.

You can also try using a cheap USB ethernet or wifi dongle.