Pause upload and download

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

wasifali

Pause upload and download

#1 Post by wasifali » 2014-01-29 02:55

First, let me say THANKS!!! for such an awesome software! It's easy and work like a charm!

I need to download and upload loads of files (most of the time). I was pondering, is there any option or plugin for FZ to pause and resume option to upload and download files?
Last edited by boco on 2014-01-30 16:50, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Advertisement removed. Nice try.

boco
Contributor

Re: Pause upload and download

#2 Post by boco » 2014-01-29 18:23

There is no Pause, but you can stop and resume the queue at any time (Process queue button/command). Provided your server supports Resume, of course.
### BEGIN SIGNATURE BLOCK ###
No support requests per PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please do yourself a favor and read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
### END SIGNATURE BLOCK ###

wasifali

#3 Post by wasifali » 2014-01-30 04:31

Thanks for your prompt reply.

ToolmakerSteve
500 Command not understood
First name: Toolmaker
Last name: Steve

#4 Post by ToolmakerSteve » 2019-06-11 19:32

boco, Pause/Resume of a SINGLE LARGE file requires server support, but pausing/resuming a QUEUE of files is internal to FileZilla isn't it?

As described in your answer here viewtopic.php?t=20227

So ctrl-P or toggling menu Transer/Process Queue should work, regardless of the server - if I understand correctly.

boco
Contributor

#5 Post by boco » 2019-06-11 22:49

No. While you can stop the queue at any time, the transfers in progress are aborted. The queue information itself is saved on graceful shutdown.

When resuming the queue processing, any aborted transfers that were in progress at the time you stopped require server Resume support in order to start at the exact point they were aborted on. Without Resume, those transfers start from the beginning. Transfers that had not been started process normally.

So, in a nutshell, stopping starting the queue works with any server, server support for resuming decides if transfers in progress restart at the exact point they were aborted.
### BEGIN SIGNATURE BLOCK ###
No support requests per PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please do yourself a favor and read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
### END SIGNATURE BLOCK ###