Uploading .gif images to my website

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

captlen
500 Command not understood
First name: Len
Last name: Belcaro

Uploading .gif images to my website

#1 Post by captlen » 2019-07-05 00:50

When I upload .GIF images to my website via FTP from a folder on the desktop, Filezilla copies about 90% accurate to the site. About 10% doesn't upload properly, It leaves the old document I am trying to overwrite in the website and then it actually changes the new document in the desktop folder to the old document that is in the website. Need some help correcting this problem.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Uploading .gif images to my website

#2 Post by botg » 2019-07-05 07:10

Sounds like you were downloading, not upload.

To upload a file, select it on the left[*] side of FileZilla and either double-click it, drag it over to the other side, or select Upload from the context menu.

[*]Assuming default layout not changed in the settings.

captlen

#3 Post by captlen » 2019-07-05 08:36

I drag the doc from the left side of the screen to the right side of the screen. Pretty elementary. Like I said it works 90% of the time.But about 10% of the docs dragged do not Upload to the website. They leave the old doc in the website then in the folder on the desktop it changes the new doc into the old doc that was on the website. I'm using a MAC running Sierra 10-12.

captlen

#4 Post by captlen » 2019-07-05 10:12

This morning I placed 33 .gif files into a folder on my desktop. I checked each one and they were all the current .gif files I wanted to upload. Opened Filezilla and proceeded to drag and drop into my website. After uploading I went to the original folder on the desktop and rechecked all images. Three of the images had changed into the old images that were on the website that I was trying to overwrite. Filezilla is not properly overwriting all the docs. It is bring back to my desktop several .gif files that were in the website and overwriting the current files in the folder on my desktop with the old files in the website.

captlen

#5 Post by captlen » 2019-07-10 09:59

Thanks for the help. Switched FTP programs to Cyberduck and it works perfectly.