Directory access permissions for Mac

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

acceleratedmfgbrokers
500 Command not understood
First name: Mark
Last name: Iuzzolino

Directory access permissions for Mac

#1 Post by acceleratedmfgbrokers » 2019-10-24 20:43

I just downloaded the FileZilla Pro from the App Store and Subscribed for the yearly subscription. Then I got this box that says You need to grant FileZilla access to the directories you want to download files into or to upload files from. Please add the local directories you want to use FileZilla with. It has a window under the word Directories and two buttons under the window that say Add Directory... and Remove Selected. And then an OK button. All I want to do is be able to get into my website directory. I don't have any directories on my computer so I don't know what to add to this window. I can't close this window or make it go away. When I click on the FileZilla Pro menu at the top, I get nothing. All I can do is Force Quit to get out. What am I doing wrong?
Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 4.42.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 4.42.15 PM.png (25.63 KiB) Viewed 2649 times

Thanks very much,
Mark

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Directory access permissions for Mac

#2 Post by botg » 2019-10-25 07:10

You have plenty of directories on your computer. For example the place where FileZilla Pro resides is a directory, even the application bundle itself is a directory. I recommend just adding your user's home directory in this dialog.