Dark mode - windows 10

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

boco
Contributor

Re: Dark mode - windows 10

#16 Post by boco » 2019-10-21 22:54

FileZilla follows the OS desktop color scheme (the proper one, not the pathetic excuse Windows 10 has that applies only to Explorer). If you set up your Win32 part of the OS to dark, all will be dark, including FileZilla.

Example theme:

Code: Select all

https://www.deviantart.com/eversins/art/GreyEveTheme-FINAL-Windows-10-High-Contrast-Theme-643504863
And, yes, if you prefer eye-candy over functionality, FileZilla is not the right FTP client for you.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

Sayaka
500 Command not understood
First name: Sayaka
Last name: Moriya

#17 Post by Sayaka » 2019-11-18 05:07

boco wrote:
2019-10-21 22:54
FileZilla follows the OS desktop color scheme (the proper one, not the pathetic excuse Windows 10 has that applies only to Explorer). If you set up your Win32 part of the OS to dark, all will be dark, including FileZilla.

Example theme:

Code: Select all

https://www.deviantart.com/eversins/art/GreyEveTheme-FINAL-Windows-10-High-Contrast-Theme-643504863
And, yes, if you prefer eye-candy over functionality, FileZilla is not the right FTP client for you.
As I already stated at great length in my previous post, this is functionality. It's got nothing to do with "eye-candy", and everything to do with not wanting this programme to burn my fucking eyes every time I open it.

Once again, this is not "eye-candy" or anything about it being a "toy app". This is basic functionality. I use software a thousand times more complex than filezilla all day every day and this functionality isn't even considered a optional "feature" - it's the default.

botg wrote:
2018-08-07 09:36
FileZilla is a proper desktop program, not a toy app.

It uses the colors Windows says are the colors to be used.
And funnily enough unlike the above, people don't get insulting responses from members of staff/devs of said software when requesting that some basic functionality such as this is implemented, either.

Yasahiro
500 Command not understood
First name: Oliver
Last name: Booth

#18 Post by Yasahiro » 2019-12-02 16:05

botg wrote:
2018-08-07 09:36
FileZilla is a proper desktop program, not a toy app.
boco wrote:
2019-10-21 22:54
These responses are insulting, condescending, and most of all make no sense.

Do you guys ACTUALLY need reminding that FileZilla supports icon themes? I'm confused, is that a piece of information you genuinely forgot about?

What about Visual Studio? Ever heard of it? It's probably one of the most popular IDEs out there and is used professionally by organisations / businesses, both small and large. It also supports dark theme because guess what - it's a very demanded feature! Visual Studio is not a toy app. Go figure huh? Do you even know what the hell you're talking about?

But also wow way to insult an entire god damn group of people. There are people who heavily RELY on dark environments, those with sensititives to light.
I, myself, am prone to migraines and working mostly (if not solely) with apps that support dark themes helps to mitigate them drastically.

The option to choose a dark theme is not a fun little feature to make your environment look cooler. IT IS AN ACCESSIBILITY OPTION.
So if it's too much hassle to implement then go ahead and remove keyboard shortcuts too while you're at it. Everyone has a mouse they can use right? Why the hell would ANYONE need keyboard shortcuts? /s

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#19 Post by botg » 2019-12-02 17:32

Unlike for example Visual Studio, FileZilla actually is accessible, it uses the colors the operating system says are to be used. Complain to Microsoft for making it so difficult to change the operating system colors.