SSH Keys

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

regmeister
500 Command not understood

SSH Keys

#1 Post by regmeister » 2020-02-04 19:18

This is my first time ever dealing with SSH keys. How do I set-up the site login info using an SSH Key? I provided the vendor my public key but what about on my end?

boco
Contributor

Re: SSH Keys

#2 Post by boco » 2020-02-04 23:10

First way, set protocol to SFTP and Logon type to "key file". Provide your private key file.*

Second way, simply configure your private keys in the FileZilla settings.**

Third way, use PuTTY's Pageant tool, FileZilla wil recognize Pageant keys.**

*Please note that the first way will NOT work if your server requires both password and key file.

**For second and third way, FileZilla will try the key(s) against all configured SFTP servers. Correctly configured servers simply ignore non-matching keys.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

rabka
First name: Rab
Last name: Ka

#3 Post by rabka » 2020-02-11 21:33

im using 3.46.3 and you cant even load the pem file now.. Using SSH2 (RSA) I openned another topic on this, but if someone can answer me why the latest build has this issue and hotfix I could actually use this software. The sftp CLI is working so i know its not the key files or anything related to network.

kdogg

#4 Post by kdogg » 2020-02-15 00:16

+1 on this topic.

While I can SEE my private key and choose it, Filezilla will not actually upload my key. It's as if you never chose anything to begin with.