My hosting company support can log in but I can't

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

beachkat
500 Command not understood
First name: Kathy
Last name: Bingham

My hosting company support can log in but I can't

#1 Post by beachkat » 2020-06-06 15:54

Hello everyone,
I have a problem. I need to do some work on some client's websites but I can't seem to log in to FileZilla. I have been on 3 support chats with SiteGround and they all verified that I was inputting the right info. They were able to connect using my info, but I still can't! I keep getting 2 errors. "Remote Certificate Not Trusted and the other error is Critical Error. Could not connect to server." Every time I try to log in, the popup about the certificate comes up. I always check the "Always trust this certificate" box, and then when I close the pop up box the errors show immediately on FileZilla.

I even uninstalled FileZilla and reinstalled it and also turned off my firewall. It still did the exact same thing. I spent all day yesterday trying to connect and got VERY frustrated.

Does anyone have a clue about what may be wrong? The fact that they can connect, but I can't really makes me wonder what's going on!

Thanks for any advice. I sincerely appreciate it. (I'm about ready to farm out my website work to Fiverr. They can probably connect.)
Kathy

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: My hosting company support can log in but I can't

#2 Post by botg » 2020-06-07 09:18

How are you closing the dialog? You need to click on OK.

beachkat
500 Command not understood
First name: Kathy
Last name: Bingham

#3 Post by beachkat » 2020-06-08 14:35

Thank you for your reply. Are you talking about closing to the page where I click "Always trust this certificate in the future?" I've looked for an "OK or Submit," but couldn't find one anywhere on the page, so I've just been closing it! Where in the heck in the OK? Thanks for your help. This has been very frustrating! :roll:

UPDATE: I just looked again and didn't see an OK, but this time I hit enter instead of closing it. I have a different error now, but I think it may be because of the password. I haven't done anything with this site in quite a while. I'm going to contact my hosting company and make sure I have the right password.
Thanks very much!
Kathy :wink:

boco
Contributor

#4 Post by boco » 2020-06-08 16:27

That is how the dialog is supposed to look. Is yours different (e. g. missing buttons due to DPI or layout issues)?

No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org