Difficult to return to FileZilla window on Catalina

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

jsbarrett
500 Command not understood
First name: Justin
Last name: Barrett

Difficult to return to FileZilla window on Catalina

#1 Post by jsbarrett » 2020-06-05 04:06

I updated my Mac from High Sierra (10.13) to Catalina (10.15) about a week ago, and immediately began having a problem with FileZilla. I uninstalled it and reinstalled the latest version to try and correct things, but the problem persists.

In short: After switching to another application, I can no longer do a simple Command + Tab to get back to the FileZilla window. I can see the FileZilla icon in the middle of the screen with the other app icons, but selecting it does nothing. The FileZilla menu doesn't return to the Mac menu bar, and its window doesn't come to the front. If I minimize other app windows (or just drag them out of the way), I can see and select the FileZilla window, and doing that brings it back into focus. But the Command + Tab app switcher doesn't return it if focus is elsewhere.

jsbarrett
500 Command not understood
First name: Justin
Last name: Barrett

Re: Difficult to return to FileZilla window on Catalina

#2 Post by jsbarrett » 2020-06-09 04:27

Just wanted to follow up with something interesting that I just noticed. Every other app that I use has a "Window" menu, but FileZilla doesn't. Could that mean that its code is missing certain window management features? That might explain why I can't return to its window: because the application isn't creating/tracking/managing it correctly.