[3.48.1] Delayed startup on local network folder

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Interghost
500 Command not understood

[3.48.1] Delayed startup on local network folder

#1 Post by Interghost » 2020-06-08 20:45

Hi,

First off I'd like to say I'm a looong time user of this great program. About a week ago when opening FileZilla I started getting a dialog box saying something about update error and needing to update.
I've then updated to the now latest 3.48.1 (win 10, 64bit) and since then whenever I start FileZilla if the last local folder is a network directory (samba share symlinked to c:/folder/somefolder) there is about a 30s delay where nothing happens and FileZilla just sits in background processess in task manager idle.
After the "timeout" it starts normally and everything works fine, browsing folders, browsing other network drives... everything instantly.
If I leave the last local folder to a non-networked one and try to restart it it starts instantly, but as soon as I browse to the first network directory again 30s Not responding, after that again everything works perfect.
...so basically the first time I try to access a networked folder during a program run session.

I've searched the forums and there are some really old topics which discuss mostly slow/speed of network drives... I have no problem with that, as soon as I pass the mentioned timout everything behaves as if its a real local folder.
I've also tried enabling debug/logging but there is actually no log created (I guess it only logs connections not general program stuff).

Can anyone provide any help/insight what might be the cause of this?
I've been using the same setup for years and there were no problems until this update. (also tried reinstall and uninstall / fresh install)

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: [3.48.1] Delayed startup on local network folder

#2 Post by botg » 2020-06-09 11:20

It seems Windows tries to access the network in some way, fails eventually and then tries a different way which succeeds. Try a network sniffer to see what's going on and address the problem.

Interghost
500 Command not understood

Re: [3.48.1] Delayed startup on local network folder

#3 Post by Interghost » 2020-06-11 10:24

OK so I think I got it figured out... as you said I used WireShark and saw that when I open FileZilla it is actually trying to access all the networked folders not just the one I'm in... and some of them are offline and that then hangs I guess until timeout.
This doesn't help me much :( as I can't have them all online at the same time... but curious why this wasn't a problem before I updated.