Security Requirement Questions

Have the feeling that everybody is staring at you in the other forums? Then look here, in this forum nobody does care what you say ;-)

Moderator: Project members

mamajeed7
500 Command not understood
First name: Abdul
Last name: Majeed

Security Requirement Questions

#1 Post by mamajeed7 » 2020-09-09 21:26

I am planning to implement FileZilla, however I have following Security Requirement, can you tell me if these requirements can be met through FileZilla?
• All traffic must be encrypted.
• Data payloads for sensitive files sent out from Client to suppliers must be encrypted at rest as well.
• ITAR and other regulatory requirements must be enforced.
• Logging must be available to track activity.
• Legal requirements/agreements must be in place for any recipient.
• Must require strong authentication for supplier access to the portal.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Security Requirement Questions

#2 Post by botg » 2020-09-10 07:55

Unless a user explicitly selects an insecure protocol, FileZilla asks for confirmation before using an insecure connection.

Files are transferred as-is. FileZilla does not care what is in a file and what happens to it on the destination.

To enforce compliance to pointless and arbitrary regulations, position a lawyer with a whip behind each user.

mamajeed7
500 Command not understood
First name: Abdul
Last name: Majeed

Re: Security Requirement Questions

#3 Post by mamajeed7 » 2020-09-18 14:51

Thank you so much for reaching out to me.

Is there a way that I can have someone to walk me though the tool, I have few needs for my company specific.

I may need some enhancements to existing tool in order to meet all the requirements, is it doable?

Can you please redirect me into right direction so that I can work with your Analysts?