Can't see files and folders but tooltips work

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

eraserhead
500 Command not understood
First name: Dennis
Last name: Spaan

Can't see files and folders but tooltips work

#1 Post by eraserhead » 2024-05-22 13:29

We connect to many servers with the same OS and setup and suddenly on none of the servers we can see the files and folders anymore once connected. When you hover your mouse over the area the tooltip appears suggesting the files are there but you just can't see them. We connect with SFTP and there are no file filters, i have already enabled debug and show raw folders. What could be causing this?
SNAG-1142.png
SNAG-1142.png (15.31 KiB) Viewed 287 times
Last edited by eraserhead on 2024-05-22 13:34, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Dennis

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Can't see files and folders but tooltips work

#2 Post by botg » 2024-05-22 13:34

Please attach image files to this post directly.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#3 Post by botg » 2024-05-22 13:35

That looks very strange, what operating system and version are you using?

eraserhead
500 Command not understood
First name: Dennis
Last name: Spaan

#4 Post by eraserhead » 2024-05-30 06:08

Windows 10, latest version. I think the tool we use for this might have something to do with it. https://devolutions.net/remote-desktop-manager/
It opens Filzilla in a docked manner in the tool when connecting to a server. I also contacted their support.

I was able to solve the problem, for some reason the columns that display the filenames, filetype and date modified were all very small or wide, i could see the drag icon on the left when i expanded one of the windows and could drag the width of the columns all the way from left to right and then they would become visible and then i could drag them left again to make them smaller and them move the colums to the right and do the next column and so on. Weird! I have made a video of this but can't share it in a public forum.
Regards, Dennis