Double click should this upload files?

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Netman
500 Command not understood
First name: Mick
Last name: bailey

Double click should this upload files?

#1 Post by Netman » 2008-03-24 09:50

I had an old version of Filezilla where a double cllick on the local files would "open" them. The new version I downloaded recently now "uploads" the file to the server, can this be changed to "file open" function please?

jobi
First name: alan
Last name:

Re: Double click should this upload files?

#2 Post by jobi » 2008-04-16 13:01

Hi,

Like Retman, the new last versions does not allow any more the setting of the "Double click" as the previous ones, like other functions like the refresh, the status bar (without nb of files) etc...
Finally I will use the previos ones, really much better.

A+.

vawa

#3 Post by vawa » 2008-06-13 14:22

The new version is really great, but features like doble-click action settings and directory casching are really missing a lot in 3.x version. Please, please, consider implementing it in this version too. It could be very usefull. Thanx a lot.

VaWa

SpidersWeb
First name: Jerry
Last name: Leventer

Re: Double Click To Edit Files - Need Option Settings

#4 Post by SpidersWeb » 2008-07-05 03:09

FileZilla is a great program and I recommend it to everyone; however, I have to agree with the others. Double Click should Open a file for editing. It's more like a Bug that when I double click it overwrites my previous file on the server or visa versa if clicking on the server side. Not good behavior at all.

It would be optimal to provide a user setting in Options to configure this action. I'm going to revert back to a previous version (v2.2.32) until this is fixed .

---
Related Posts:
Double-Click to Edit :: 2007-12-08
What happened to the double-click? :: 2007-09-29

MichaelBrock
First name: Michael
Last name: Brock

#5 Post by MichaelBrock » 2008-07-10 21:50

I'd like to add my voice on this issue. I have been using filezilla for quite a long while and have reverted to previous versions a few times as things were "broken" in newer releases. I just updated to the latest version again to find that a few things had been fixed (like keeping collapsed directories in the site manager collapsed) but also almost inadvertently accidentally overwrote a file on the serve with an older version that I was attempting to open in an editor! I can understand that different people will want different behavior with the double-click but I don't understand why the option to control this would be removed.

Can we get the option back?

Michael Brock

eshafer
First name: Eric
Last name: Sahfer

#6 Post by eshafer » 2008-08-11 13:34

Great product, and I certainly appreciate all the hard work.

Having the double click to open a file would be a major improvement. Prior to changing that key binding, I was making mistakes all the time about opening vs. transfering. I would really like to be able to prevent myself from my own mistakes!