Filezilla disconnects autometicaly please help

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

gulhazara
500 Command not understood
First name: Tm
Last name: Tm

Filezilla disconnects autometicaly please help

#1 Post by gulhazara » 2008-06-07 11:36

hi guys, i am new in filezilla, i have downloaded the filezilla setup my domian sever but when i connect it after few minutes filezilla gets disconnet it keeps happening please help me to sort this problem

thanks

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Filezilla disconnects autometicaly please help

#2 Post by botg » 2008-06-07 15:05

FileZilla does not disconnect on its own. Your disconnects are either caused by broken routers and firewalls or by incorrect server configuration.

Please disable (or at least vastly increase) all idle timeouts in your router and firewall settings and contact the server administrator to do the same on the server.

gulhazara

#3 Post by gulhazara » 2008-06-17 09:25

hi , thanks for reply, so you mean that its firewall is the reason of breaking up the filezilla,, i will disable it and see how it goes , as i dont use router i have broadban,, and you said that i must contact server admin, now i dont know what shall i ask them?? can you please please give me fully detail what to do with this metter,,,,,and idle time out.????i did not get it,,i dont use router its broadband please help me to sort this metter .
thank you i will be wiating for your reply

botg
Site Admin

#4 Post by botg » 2008-06-17 09:45

Ask the administrator to "increase the idle and no-transfer timeouts". Feel free to quote me on that. As administrator he should understand.

gulhazara

#5 Post by gulhazara » 2008-06-17 13:43

hi sir thanks for your reply its onething you mean adminstrator, is it my domian provider ?? or filezilla administrator??? i dont know which admin u saying about ,, please help

botg
Site Admin

#6 Post by botg » 2008-06-17 14:32

Whoever is in charge of the server.

gulhazara

#7 Post by gulhazara » 2008-06-17 19:04

hi ,, which server asr u talking about, my domian server or the file zila server admin????

boco
Contributor

#8 Post by boco » 2008-06-18 12:13

The FTP server you are connecting to.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

khopek
504 Command not implemented

#9 Post by khopek » 2008-06-19 21:28

I've only had this problem with Filezilla AFTER v2.2.29 (?). It's not my server because I have 2 different people I'm working for and both sites are on different hosts. I never had connection issues with the old version of Filezilla... Even now, reinstalling the old version is headache (and disconnection) free.

botg
Site Admin

#10 Post by botg » 2008-06-19 21:58

FileZilla does not disconnect on its own. The server or some router or firewall disconnects you. This is not FileZilla's fault.

khopek

#11 Post by khopek » 2008-06-19 22:59

botg wrote:FileZilla does not disconnect on its own. The server or some router or firewall disconnects you. This is not FileZilla's fault.
Any reason why it'd work just fine (not disconnect) on the older version and not newer ones?

kmoth
First name: k
Last name: m

#12 Post by kmoth » 2008-06-20 18:58

khopek wrote:
botg wrote:FileZilla does not disconnect on its own. The server or some router or firewall disconnects you. This is not FileZilla's fault.
Any reason why it'd work just fine (not disconnect) on the older version and not newer ones?
Filezilla is a totally flawless, dare I say bulletproof piece of software. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Filezilla.

You're probably hallucinating. It's ok though, I'm hallucinating too. I experience the same problem despite all my other FTP clients working fine on the same computer on the same network. We're not alone, there are other threads with people claiming the same strange visions, Here's one for example:
http://forum.filezilla-project.org/view ... f=2&t=7065

As soon as you start thinking that it might be Filezilla's fault, shoot yourself in the face. I found shooting myself in the face to be far less painful than having a rational conversation with the developer.

k.

botg
Site Admin

#13 Post by botg » 2008-06-20 19:23

Go ahead, prove me wrong. Show me which part of the code is causing the disconnects. Good luck finding what's not there.

kmoth
First name: k
Last name: m

#14 Post by kmoth » 2008-06-20 20:15

botg wrote:Go ahead, prove me wrong. Show me which part of the code is causing the disconnects. Good luck finding what's not there.
huh?

look i didn't come to this forum to talk shit about your software. i don't know what your problem is. i came here looking to find out why i kept losing my connection to the server. you misconstrued my question as some kind of personal attack on your programming abilities. don't be so defensive. get some self-confidence.

k.

asent266
First name: A
Last name: S

#15 Post by asent266 » 2008-06-25 04:19

Wow touchy.

First off I would like to thank you for offering FileZilla to the public open source. It is great software and it replaced all my commercial ftp clients!

I too am having the problems. On other networks as well. WS_FTP Pro and others do not lose the connection unless there is inactivity after 600 seconds. It is weird, I will xfer a file to the server and less than 3 seconds later get a response and the connection is dropped:

Code: Select all

421 No Transfer Timeout (300 seconds): closing control connection.
Error:	Disconnected from server
I am the server admin and it is a proftpd server on red hat enterprise linux. Connected to other servers using different versions of proftpd with filezilla and other clients. Filezilla drops, the others don't. One server with timeoutlogin set to 400 rather than 300 and the connection dropped after 400 seconds. I agree it is the FTP server dropping the connection, just don't get why its not timing out after 600 seconds like the others? What would cause this? I've even tested on a network that has no firewall with a direct connection to the net. I am using Vista, any compatibility issues with filezilla and vista?

My proftpd server version is 1.2.10 (where I first noticed the problem).

My timeout settings are as follows:

Code: Select all

#Time out parameters
TimeoutIdle 600
TimeoutNoTransfer 600
TimeoutLogin 300
Not sure why this is only happening with filezilla vs the other clients. I had an older version of filezilla that did not do this as well. FileZilla version: 3.0.10

Thanks in advance for your response!