Moderator: Project members

garyswan
500 Command not understood
First name: gary
Last name: swan

Getting Dreamweaver to use Filezilla Site Manager

#1 Post by garyswan » 2009-06-10 00:13

Hi Guys,

Does anyboby know how to get Dreamweaver to use Filezilla Site Manager or a plugin to use the fzdefaults.xml file? I can't find anything?

Would be great have one spot to access ftp servers and keep integrity.

Cheers.

garyswan

Re: Getting Dreamweaver to use Filezilla Site Manager

#2 Post by garyswan » 2009-09-10 01:51

so there's no smartie out there how has an idea of getting dreamweaver and Filezilla talking to each other?

might have to make it a feature request then...?

Cypress
226 Transfer OK
First name: J

#3 Post by Cypress » 2009-09-10 04:07

What exactly are you trying to do? FULL description would be nice.

boco
Contributor

#4 Post by boco » 2009-09-10 05:18

I'm pretty sure botg doesn't have interest in providing compatibility to a third-party commercial application.

As the config files are standard XML, everyone may write scripts or helper tools.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

garyswan

#5 Post by garyswan » 2009-09-14 01:14

There are a group of us that use Filezilla to access a shared list of all our client's FTP details through the XML file. If there are changes to one of those ftp details then only one person needs to update it and we all have access to the new details so there's no double handling and less chance of error.

As developers we use dreamweaver cs4 to edit the webpages but use Filezilla to upload the files. Mainly because of our preference for Filezilla functionality of Dreamweavers Site Manager as well as access to the current FTP list so we don't have to re-enter any ftp details. However some sites have contribute (for example) so we HAVE to use Dreamweaver meaning we've each go to create a new local Site in the site manager (duplicate entries) which is a pain in the a*.

If I can open dreamweaver's site manager and it displays all the site's we've created in Filezilla in the XML file. That would be tops.

I can understand using a script to import that xml file into dreamweaver and ta da .. we have a current list BUT that a script would somehow needs to be dynamic and changes on Dreamweaver to the Site's details need to be reflected when access the site list in Filezilla and vice versa?

Make sense?

I'm just surprised that I can't find any interest in this prior? Since Dreamweaver's site manager for shared access is practically non-existant and is major web development tool available?

PS. I can fully understand the lack of motivation in providing compatibility to a third-party commercial application but it would be a nice to have.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#6 Post by botg » 2009-09-14 07:36

Since I don't even have Dreamweaver (I edit _all_ my HTML in simple text editors like plain Notepad), I can't possibly test nor maintain any support for Dreamweaver's site list. And I'm not going to spend $400 to buy some random tool I won't even use.

Cypress
226 Transfer OK
First name: J

#7 Post by Cypress » 2009-09-16 00:55

garyswan wrote:If I can open dreamweaver's site manager and it displays all the site's we've created in Filezilla in the XML file. That would be tops.

I can understand using a script to import that xml file into dreamweaver and ta da .. we have a current list BUT that a script would somehow needs to be dynamic and changes on Dreamweaver to the Site's details need to be reflected when access the site list in Filezilla and vice versa?
1.'filezilla .xml' TO 'dreamweaver .ste' (Requires dreamweaver import button)
2.'dreamweaver .ste' TO 'filezilla .xml' (Requires dreamweaver export button)