How to upload folders

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

ykhjzqjknzor
500 Command not understood

How to upload folders

#1 Post by ykhjzqjknzor » 2004-05-26 11:43

I'm using latest version (2.2.6) and I just can't figure out how to upload folders. If I right-click on the folder name and select "Upload" or "Add to Queue" nothing happens. If I drag the folder to the remote panel, nothing happens. If I double-click, I enter the folder.

Am I supposed to recreate the complete folder structure with the "Create Directory" command and then upload files folder by folder?

Any clue will be welcome. Thank in you advance.

fillide
500 Syntax error

#2 Post by fillide » 2004-05-26 14:05

Well, it should works like you said.

via right-click or drag&drop, the bottom window (queue) should be filled with your transferts, and they should start.

Is the bottom window empty ?

Is it a new installation of FileZilla or an upgrade ?
with the setup.exe or the .zip ?

may be try to uninstall/install ?

TheAngryPenguin
226 Transfer OK

Re: How to upload folders

#3 Post by TheAngryPenguin » 2004-05-26 14:54

Some person with the weird nickname of 'ykhjzqjknzor' wrote:I'm using latest version (2.2.6) and I just can't figure out how to upload folders. If I right-click on the folder name and select "Upload" or "Add to Queue" nothing happens. If I drag the folder to the remote panel, nothing happens. If I double-click, I enter the folder.

Am I supposed to recreate the complete folder structure with the "Create Directory" command and then upload files folder by folder?

Any clue will be welcome. Thank in you advance.
Personally, I drag a directory from a Windows Explorer window (eg. from somewhere outside of FileZilla) into the Remote Site pane. Never had a problem. But, YES: dragging a directory from the Local Site pane to the Remote Site pane should transfer the entire directory and all of its contents.

-TheAngryPenguin

kAlvaro
504 Command not implemented
First name: Álvaro
Last name: G. Vicario

I guess I found what happens

#4 Post by kAlvaro » 2004-05-26 15:04

One I've known I was doing it correctly, I guess I've found where the problem lies. All my data files are in a network share I access using UNC paths:

\\server\share\folder

I can't upload anything from UNC folders! However, if I change to C:\ and chose any other folder it uploads perfectly. Also, I can open the UNC folder in Windows explorer and drag to remote panel, it works fine.

P.S. I'm the original poster with a different username (this morning I couldn't confirm the account).

TheAngryPenguin
226 Transfer OK

Re: I guess I found what happens

#5 Post by TheAngryPenguin » 2004-05-26 17:55

kAlvaro wrote:One I've known I was doing it correctly, I guess I've found where the problem lies. All my data files are in a network share I access using UNC paths:

\\server\share\folder

I can't upload anything from UNC folders! However, if I change to C:\ and chose any other folder it uploads perfectly. Also, I can open the UNC folder in Windows explorer and drag to remote panel, it works fine.

P.S. I'm the original poster with a different username (this morning I couldn't confirm the account).
You can also map the UNC path as a network drive. All should be well.

HTH,
TheAngryPenguin

wrtwr
500 Command not understood

Re: I guess I found what happens

#6 Post by wrtwr » 2012-03-30 21:07

TheAngryPenguin wrote:
kAlvaro wrote:One I've known I was doing it correctly, I guess I've found where the problem lies. All my data files are in a network share I access using UNC paths:

\\server\share\folder

You can also map the UNC path as a network drive. All should be well.

HTH,
TheAngryPenguin
All would be well if we could just upload without having to jump through all kinds of strange hoops. Grrrr (having the same problem now)

boco
Contributor

Re: How to upload folders

#7 Post by boco » 2012-03-31 10:45

First, that thread is eight years old. It essentially deals with a product (FileZilla 2) that's not available/supported anymore.

Second, direct network support in Win FileZilla 3 is left out by purpose, because it often leads to minute-long delays. That's simply not acceptable in an FTP client, and MS seems to be unable to fix it.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org