Could not write to transfer socket: EPIPE - Local endpoint h

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

thevoiceforlove
500 Command not understood
First name: DavidPaul
Last name: Doyle

Could not write to transfer socket: EPIPE - Local endpoint h

#1 Post by thevoiceforlove » 2011-10-16 19:34

I've been using Filezilla for several years on my Mac Pro with no problems. All of a sudden, I'm getting error messages and I can't FTP to my website. I'm getting this error message:

Could not write to transfer socket: EPIPE - Local endpoint has been closed

I'm running the latest version of OSX - 10.7.2. I'm running the latest version of Filezilla - 3.5.1.

I'm even trying to upload files that I've already uploaded before just last week with no problems. This started happening after my latest OS upgrade to 10.7.2. Does anybody have any ideas on how I can solve this is?

I've tried uploading large files and smaller files. I'm getting this error message about 15 seconds after initiating an upload. I've contacted both my hosting company, Go Daddy, and my ISP, which is Charter. Neither of them say that anything is wrong. I have a strong healthy 6 Mbps upload speed. I don't seem to have any other Internet issues. From the data I have, it seems like there may be an incompatibility with the latest version of Filezilla and OSX - 10.7.2, only because I just started having this problem.

I would appreciate anyone who can help with this as this is a major problem for me. Thank you.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Could not write to transfer socket: EPIPE - Local endpoi

#2 Post by botg » 2011-10-16 21:25

Can you please post complete Logs?

thevoiceforlove

#3 Post by thevoiceforlove » 2011-10-16 21:36

Attached is the log file. I just tried to upload a file two times. It stopped after 30 seconds with the same error message and then started back up it stopped again with the same error message. By the way, I was able to successfully upload this file to my mobile me public directory, and I did just sign up for free FTP service and have been successfully uploading that file to the FTP service directory for the past 30 min. successfully. So I don't believe the file is corrupted. And it seems like my Internet connection is just fine. See the log file attached.
Attachments
filezilla.log
(7.25 KiB) Downloaded 363 times

botg
Site Admin

#4 Post by botg » 2011-10-17 05:57

Either some firewall keeps closing the connection repeatedly or your internet connection is unstable.

thevoiceforlove

#5 Post by thevoiceforlove » 2011-10-17 06:05

I just got off the phone with Go Daddy. They said they are experiencing timeout issues. I think they are the cause of the problem because I was able to upload my large files to my iDisk public directory as well as to another FTP server. Thank you for your feedback.

suhasckanade
First name: Suhas
Last name: Kanade

Re: Could not write to transfer socket: EPIPE - Local endpoint h

#6 Post by suhasckanade » 2020-02-10 04:47

I figured out the issue with the filename.
If in the case in your file name '|' <pipe character >is present Filezilla throws "Error: Could not write to transfer socket: EPIPE - Local endpoint has been closed".
Just change the filename to resume the smooth transfer.

Filezilla needs to fix this issue asap.

botg
Site Admin

Re: Could not write to transfer socket: EPIPE - Local endpoint h

#7 Post by botg » 2020-02-10 07:38

@suhasckanade: Do not perform thread necromancy. Also, don't post in threads unrelated to your problem. If you had actually looked into the log, you'll find that the original poster does not have a pipe character in the filename.