Error 11 Issue

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Feedlot
500 Command not understood
First name: skip
Last name: higgins

Error 11 Issue

#1 Post by Feedlot » 2010-06-21 17:11

I get the following log report when I try to log in to a SFTP site that does not use a ppk file (Site A).

Error: Server sent disconnect message
Error: type 11 (by application):
Error: ""
Error: Could not connect to server

However, another SFTP site that I use (Site B), does have require a ppk file to authenticate. If I remove the ppk file, then I can login to Site A, but not Site B (of course).

How do I tell Filezilla to only use the ppk file for Site B? (or not use the ppk for Site A)

I just downloaded/installed the latest Filezilla update, and did not try to log in to Site A using the old version.

thanks in advance.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Error 11 Issue

#2 Post by botg » 2010-06-21 22:45

Badly configured server A. It should just continue with the next authentication method if it does not support public key authentication.

DJauncey
500 Command not understood
First name: Daniel
Last name: Jauncey

#3 Post by DJauncey » 2011-07-15 15:58

I know this post is over a year old, but can we get an answer to this because I don't think 'A badly configured Server A' is a good answer to be honest.....

How about getting a feature added where in site manager you add the ppk file to that user rather than in the 'edit' 'settings' area, then you wouldn't come up with this problem as it would know to only use the key file if it was associated with.....

zulash

#4 Post by zulash » 2017-05-30 20:07

I think contacting your hosting company will help a little bit.

Don't be hesitate to ask them before posting here so we can help each other well.