421 Login Incorrect.

Need help with FileZilla Server? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

ezprezo
500 Command not understood
First name: Neil
Last name: Ericson

421 Login Incorrect.

#1 Post by ezprezo » 2011-05-06 23:03

Hello, long time user of the Filezilla server here. I have recently switched services with Qwest ISP as an upgrade from their 150kBps connection to their 1.2mBps connection. I am very computer savvy (I fix computers for a living).

I ran an FTP server for over 1 year using Filezilla Server, now when I switched router/modem with Qwest, I get the error of "421 Login incorrect" when I try to connect through both an FTP client and an internet browser.

I have tried:
Forwarding port 21-23
Forwarding port 14147 (For the passive connection)
Using the applications feature with my router's software to allow all "FTP transfers"
Changing my passwords/usernames, trying to create/log in to anonymous.
Setting all the settings exactly as I had them on the old router/modem.

You name it, I've tried it, that is why I'm here. I am a seasoned user of Filezilla, and FTP server software in general. This is unbelievable... Any advice would be greatly appreciated, don't fear using technical language.

boco
Contributor

Re: 421 Login Incorrect.

#2 Post by boco » 2011-05-06 23:17

Forwarding port 21-23
Wrong. Port 21 is enough.
Forwarding port 14147 (For the passive connection)
Again, wrong. 14147 is the administration port and has nothing to do with client connections.
Using the applications feature with my router's software to allow all "FTP transfers"
Don't use FTP as service, rather use a custom one. The reason is that FTP will activate all kinds of ''helper'' features which will cause problems.

Network Configuration

Additionally, please check you don't have enabled remote router administration and the router's built-in FTP server. Of course that's the one you don't want to connect to.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org