Moderator: Project members

SalientAnimal
500 Command not understood
First name: Leon
Last name: Claassen

550 Permission denied. Critical file transfer error

#1 Post by SalientAnimal » 2012-11-30 07:41

Hi All,

I'm trying to allow a user to transfer files to an Unxi server via FTP. However, when trying to drag & drop files the following error message is displayed:

550 Permission denied.
Critical file transfer error

I have tried changing user permissions using chmod 755 directory as well as even trying chmod 777 directory but still get the same error codes. Please can someone assist in advising me in what I am doing wrong?

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: 550 Permission denied. Critical file transfer error

#2 Post by botg » 2012-11-30 20:17

You need to contact your server administrator or server hosting provider for assistance.

roderick.ramage
500 Command not understood
First name: Roderick
Last name: Ramage

#3 Post by roderick.ramage » 2012-12-19 21:55

550 101 extract.HTM: Permission denied
Critical file transfer error
Disconnected from server
421 No Transfer Timeout (300 seconds, etc...

This and another HTM file, whose upload had been refused, is files which I update in one case roughly once a month and in the other weekly or occasionally fortnightly. Until now I have never has the slightest problem with FileZilla, but today receive error messageslikethe above. I have done noting with my comuter expet download the recent FileZilla update. I simly use my computer and am not interested in palying around with the clever stuff, which is all that seems to be on your forum answers. Is there, please, a solution for the non-anorak user, or do I have to look for a different program, one that simply works?

Please remember, if anyone replies, that users are not necesarily stupid. Some of us are very intelligent, but are ignorant of and not very interested in the techie stuff.

boco
Contributor

#4 Post by boco » 2012-12-20 03:27

The 550 error is coming from your server, means the FTP server you are connected to actively refuses writing that file to the location because of insufficient permissions.
Is there, please, a solution for the non-anorak user
The solution for the tech-ignorant is to contact the support staff of the server.
or do I have to look for a different program, one that simply works?
If the FTP server is on strike, FTP clients are unable to force anything. Concerning permissions or server configuration, they are simply not in charge.

Different question: Do you use ISA firewall?
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org