multiple ftp servers upload

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

safran2
500 Command not understood

multiple ftp servers upload

#1 Post by safran2 » 2019-02-08 11:25

I'm searching for a way to make updates easier. At the moment I use for updating manula upload via filezilla. I'm searching for a way to upload some files to all of these folders without opening/drag&dropping each of them manually. The folder structure of each ftp server is the same except the basis folder.

(It is not possible to automatically syncron the whole folder. I need to overwrite only some files for my updates. Others might change automatically and shouldn't be overwritten.)

So I have two questions:

1. Is there a way to open multiple tabs (to different ftp servers) with one command? It would make it already way easier if I could establish 20 connections with one command. So for updating all I need to do is to drag&drop the upload for each ftp-server. (f.e. A selection of multiple favourites in the servermanager with an option to "connect" to all of them with one click would do it.)

2. This would be even better: Is there a way to do multiple upload to a selection of my favourites in the servermanager without manually advising filezilla for each server?

Does Filezilla Pro has one of these features? I think I would buy the PRO version if one of them is having these features.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: multiple ftp servers upload

#2 Post by botg » 2019-02-08 18:00

If it's always the same servers you connect to you can configure FileZilla to restore tabs when opened.

There is no way to automate transfer of files to multiple servers.

safran2
500 Command not understood

Re: multiple ftp servers upload

#3 Post by safran2 » 2019-02-09 22:26

Having 100 tabs open is not cool. As well it wouldn't work if you have two or more groups of ftp-servers for different updates.

You should add the possibility to open multiple servers at once. Would be an good but easy to code feature for the pro version.

edit: thanks for the good ftp-software you are providing. Used it for years but now I'm looking for sth that fits more to my needs.