Wrong external IP address

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

edd gillespie
500 Command not understood
First name: Edd
Last name: Gillespie

Wrong external IP address

#1 Post by edd gillespie » 2008-11-06 16:23

I have read the Wiki and I am setting up client. I ran the wizard over and again and get the error "wrong external IP address" and the connection is closed. Now what?

boco
Contributor

Re: Wrong external IP address

#2 Post by boco » 2008-11-09 00:23

http://wiki.filezilla-project.org/Netwo ... ctive_mode

Enter your external IP or select to retrieve it.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

RoseW
First name: Rose
Last name: Weir

#3 Post by RoseW » 2008-11-09 04:40

I got this report about the external address also but the wizard pointed out that my external address was in conflict with my ISP's number
I contacted my ISP and they had a masking routine which created a number starting with numbers 67.220. ## ## These numbers were in the stats on myLinskey router configuration pages.
I queried the vast difference in numbers and mentioned the troubles with directory listing, connection lost, transfer aborted and he said 'Put ip/ in front of the user name in the PPOE set-up page for the Linksey router. That will remove the masking'
I did that and immediately following the Ftp software listed the directory and files transfer.

It is possible that at the same time that I did that set-up edit in the router the server could have done some maintenance and opened a large range of ports for passive connections but the main ISP address in my router now has the same starting numbers that my account uses 216.46 ## ##
On the other hand, I can now get a directory listing from a totally different server for which I haven't been able to connect to that server since this past August.

Rose

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#4 Post by botg » 2008-11-09 10:11

Can you please share which ISP you are using? So that others can avoid using it.

RoseW
First name: Rose
Last name: Weir

#5 Post by RoseW » 2008-11-11 05:24

<LOL!>
hurontel.on.ca
Its not likely that people will rush to use this little server in the middle of Ontario, Canada.
I use it because it provided satelite type broadband therefore internet service in the rural area becomes civilized <grin> Dial-up at extremely slow speeds is the other choice.
But masking the main number is a bit over the wall.
Rose